Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello World

I'm vaporware, and this is my IF blog.

Who am I, anyway? You may have encountered some of my IF-related projects:
  • FyreVM - The modified Glulx interpreter that runs Textfyre's games.
  • Guncho - An online multiplayer IF system based on Inform 7.
  • Snack - A language similar to TADS 2 that compiles to Glulx.
  • Yomin - An integrated development environment (IDE) for Inform 6 and ZIL.
  • ZAPF - A Z-machine assembler and disassembler.
  • ZILF - A compiler for Infocom's ZIL language.
  • ZLR - A Z-machine interpreter.
I've also contributed template code to Inform 7 and currently run the bug tracker site. I've written several extensions, and I was the technical editor on Aaron Reed's Creating Interactive Fiction with Inform 7.

Why this blog? Well, occasionally I come up with something cool that I want to talk about in greater detail than one or two lines on ifMUD. Don't expect a lot of comp reviews or storytelling tips: I intend to focus on more technical topics, from the status of the projects above to Inform tricks to VM implementation details.

No comments:

Post a Comment